From 2009 to 2012, I was a Senior Water and Sanitation Specialist in the World Bank’s Water Unit. I provided technical support to lending operations, and managed knowledge and learning activities for water specialists within the Bank.
- Published research on global experiences with private operators and rural water supplies
- Published briefing note on public-private partnerships in rural water supply
- Published briefing note on emerging experiences with mobile phones and water point mapping
- Advised preparation team for Bangladesh rural water and sanitation project
- Prepared the Implementation Completion Report on the 2006 – 2010 Bangladesh water project
- Advised appraisal team for Chad community-driven development project
- Advised preparation team for Vietnam Red River Delta rural water and sanitation project
- Developed and managed a global webinar series on rural water
- Developed on the Bank’s Intranet an award-winning social networking site devoted to rural water
- Organized major learning events on rural water supply:
- Making public-private partnerships work for rural and small town water supplies, part 1 and part 2
- Lessons for Rural Water Supply: Sustainable Services at Scale.
- Water Security in India